Sunday, April 27, 2014

All Set to Go

Well, I'm all packed and ready to go, had a nice day today, church in the morning, voter's meeting after, a member took the family out for lunch (which was very nice), I don't know if there are many restaurants in Zambia that serve 1 pound cheeseburgers as their regular sized hamburger (you have to request a smaller burger if you want a 1/2 pounder).    There was a quick visit in the hospital and then a chance to spend a little bit of time with the family again before heading out.  The kids had fun trying to stick stuff in my bags to make me try to take it to Africa, I believe I've gotten everything out of the bags that doesn't belong.  Silas wanted to come along but I told him that he had to stay home and take care of Mom.  He understood, as best as a 13 month old can.


I was informed by Chris that I maybe had unrealistic hopes of the availability of the internet in Zambia, but of course he warned me about this over the internet so it can't be too bad.  When I'm out and about traveling internet may be a little bit harder to get to and to keep the blog current, but fear not there will be times, like when we are at the Pluger's house when I believe there should be internet at least so we'll see.

Otherwise I believe Josh and I have made all the plans and we are ready for whatever might come our way.  It always makes for a good story when things go terribly bad so the worst case scenario is that I have a lot of good stories to tell.

Begin the trip tomorrow at 8:30am.  I'll see if I can post tomorrow from the airport.  -Peter


2 comments:

  1. Apparently if you tell the children that their picture is going online for the whole world to see, they put their angel faces on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my bags is 44 pounds, the other is only 30. I need to pack more stuff. Must get maximum dollar from my tickets. Maybe they need a few bricks in Africa. .I do have some beer, cheese and sausage that needs to go in yet in the morning. That may put me up to 40 pounds.

    ReplyDelete