Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Flying isn't fun anymore

Well I'm writing this on the second leg of the trip I am pretty much exactly on the equator the in flight map helps with knowing where you are.   Apparently we are not on a non stop flight to lusaka instead we are stopping in Harare but we don't have to leave the plane OK whatever we are surrounded by nachos on the plane makes me miss Silas.  Oh flying over the Sahara desert is something that is a whole bunch of sand it is really amazing to see how bleak it is and how huge made me think of Hannibal and all the history that is attached there.   The first leg to Amsterdam went well the plane was not full so got to have an empty seat between us and extra legroom and our seats went back further than the other seats so we were spoiled I guess on this leg we still have theextra legroom but we are right next to each other. 

The thrill of flying and having drinks served to you had certainly way of art lay for me and I'm ready to land and go to sleep.   We both didn't get much sleep on the way over to Amsterdam running on like 4 hours of sleep.  I'll part this as soon as I've got wifi bye

3 comments:

  1. Second attempt to send a comment to you. so lets just call this a test run

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok looks like it went through this time. Heard thro Samantha who heard from Chris that you guys made it safely with all of you luggage too. So now the butterflies in my stomach can fly away... . Long flights are awful... I know. But that is over and now you can begin your real adventure. Happy you are both safe and sound. Looking forward to your messages from way, way over there. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you! The children wanted to know what you ate on the plane. They enjoyed the photos and hearing about the plane trip. Maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight now that you arrived safely. Hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete