Wednesday, April 30, 2014

In Petauke

Well we made it here and we made it here safely.  It has been quite a trip, it was about 36 hours of travel total.  Last night we stayed at the seminary guest house, which was really nice we got to see the seminary, I believe we will see it more in detail when we come back, it was neat to see and we also met Dr. Ernst Wendland.  We saw the seminary students being taught how to drive motorcycles and they were learning on a pink moped, I had to snap a picture of that.  We left about noon we made it and I think the last 5 hours of travel was the most interesting, we drove from the big city Lusaka today, and we drove all the way to Petauke, which is 5 hours of driving, and it was interesting to see the area and the people.  It is just a stark difference, so many people walking on the roads.  So many people selling vegetables and other things.  We stopped and checked out a few markets and shops before we left Lusaka, it is quite interesting.  Quite a few different ox carts and things like that.  And I kind of knew that that was the case because I read about it before I came here but of course its really hard to understand it completely until you see it.  It is pretty dangerous driving here, which I knew about before but I guess you don't realize it until you see it.  Josh took a picture of a big bridge that we were passing and their were some police officers off to the side, and they thought that Josh was taking a picture of them, which is a big no no, the officer didn't really make a big deal of it but he made it known that he didn't want his picture taken.  Now we are at the Pluger's house and tomorrow we are just going to be spending the day here in town and we are going to be taking it easy tomorrow which is nice.  Oh I also found the monkey that the kids put in my suitcase sneaky kids I'll see about including more pictures of Dodgers uncle.  Alright talk to you later.


2 comments:

  1. 36 hours! Now that.you are on land and I envy you experiencing a different culture. Must have been exciting to be at the seminary...other than the WELS connection...I hope u didn't embarrass yourself and start singing the theme song. Well...learn all you can, experience allyou can ....but be safe! And BTW...Dodger is looking forward to hearing from his uncle! .Is it possible to have Josh share his perspective on your blob occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have to look for other little surprises from the kids. They love seeing 'Dodger's Uncle' with you. Giggles all around!

    ReplyDelete