Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Day Before the Day Before

Hi, everyone created the blog today, I've never blogged before, but I thought I'd go this route for my trip to Africa as a way to journal it, and then share that with whoever wants to see it.  Today I'm packing in a little bit more earnest, I believe that I have purchased everything that needs to be purchased.  I'm still roasting more coffee, the person that I'm going to be staying with (Chris Pluger) enjoys his coffee as do my brother and myself, so I'm going to roast 6lbs and if that doesn't last us 2 weeks then we are in serious trouble, I believe you die if you do not sleep for 10 days, and that would probably be the result of us drinking that much coffee.

So other than roasting coffee doing a little bit last minute packing just trying to spend some quality time with the family, we went for a really nice walk earlier today and did a little bit of geocaching.  Here we are looking.

Looking for a geocoin to take to Africa, it was missing!

I've never been away from the family for this long, it will be pretty hard to do, but hopefully it won't be too bad.  I believe I'm dreading being away from loved ones now even more than I am dreading the 21 hours in a plan (24 hours total travel time in a plane) and really the WHOPPING 44 hours of travel from my door to Chris' door.

Tomorrow I go on my malaria medication, hopefully I don't get "vivid dreams" like my mom did when she was on a different kind of malaria drug, it didn't sound good.  

Otherwise just getting ready to preach in an hour or so, and just to let people know that I hope to be updating this blog pretty regularly while I'm gone so check back often if you want to be kept informed.  If not that is okay too.  -Peter


4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this. Safe travels, we will keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only dorky Kestings start blogs. I will be using an old fashioned travel journal my wife gave me for my birthday. I do know for sure pens and pencils work in the bush of Africa. Not so sure about blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mina told me that I should send Abraham down to your house so that he can break your nose. Such a violent little 6 years old girl who is also as cute as a button with blonde hair blue eyes and freckles.

      Delete
  3. Have fun on your trip. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete